Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Good Friends+Good Families=GREAT MEMORIES

Dan and Josh are in the middle of a massive side job. They are constructing and installing a big shelving project for a friend of mine. On Saturday alone they built 52+ shelves and I as I type they are assembling and installing. Over the weekend we all hung in their with the dads as they swung hammers and saws for over 10 hours...the kiddos helped where they could and tried to stay out of as much trouble as possible. I love this picture of Sophia and Averie. The history of these two is so incredible. They are both such vibrant, strong little girls and they are either a team of might or practically killing one another. Don't get me wrong....they may fight like cats and dogs but they will protect one another like no ones business! I have come to realize after seeing my kids engage with other kids that their unique relationship to the Hurley children is much more of a next of kin kind of relationship. At times any one of the 5 could be in massive frustration with one of the other and you would think that they were ready to write each other off but just then the tide will turn and it will be all tears at the thought they couldn't have dinner together. We truly have been blessed to have such great friends to connect to here and they have literally become family to us. I have had the privilege of watching Josh and Sarah's kids for the last almost 2 years and it has been so incredible to see how much they can change in that time. Averie's potty training and very little hair and almost no words to gymnastics, ponytails and lengthy conversations....Logan's growth in reading, math and eventually growing into those long legs...he has become quite the runner in soccer this year. I am saddened that my almost daily contact with these two ends tomorrow, thankfully they are our closest friends so I will not be far away...and the new baby is almost here ....yea...Hurley's! Can't wait!


No comments: