Wednesday, June 04, 2008

An emotional end to school

After my last night of clinicals and passing my last exam I came home to my family celebrating my "gradulation" from NAC class. I am now ready to take my state Exam for Nurses Aide Certification. I really enjoyed the class a ton and even more so my residents that I was in charge of at the nursing home. I had 4 people I was responsible for on my shift. And a handful of people that I helped the NAC on duty with. I actually wept on my drive home on my last night. The connection was so neat to have even though, most of them had some degree of dementia or Alzheimers and may not remember me, there is a level of connection that happens when you care for people in the most personal ways possible. We had great conversations, laughter and even tears through some of nights! It was one of the most emotional moving times I have been able to experience. I look forward to my certification and being able to apply myself to this type of work soon! This picture makes me laugh, because I look so dazed.....I was...it was a long 5 weeks of long days each day.

No comments: