Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Bloomsday and lake cruising

The Bloomsday race was a lot of fun this year. I walked it in under 2 hours~! 1 hour 56 minutes to be exact: (15 min 37 sec miles ) I walked a little slower pace with my two VERY pregnant friends for the first two miles and then ditched them at the mile 2 post. (sorry girls!!!) Even still with the slow start I shaved more than a minute off each mile. I felt great the entire time and could really tell how much stronger this year I was than last. It was far more emotional for me as well, I have been working on overcoming some personal emotional things that I have been toting around with me since I was a kid and finishing this year with a such a great time and essentially on my own was a HUGE milestone. If you know the course, the last stretch of the course is a good one and at the very end you make one last turn and head down this little hill and you can see the finish line in the middle of the Monroe Street bride, as soon as I hit the turn I was just overwhelmed with emotion and began to cry. So thankful that I made it and finished so strong! My goal for next year will be to actually run. Looking forward to it! After the race this year-Dan and I dropped the kids off with the sitters and met up with friends at the Coeur D' Alene resort for a brunch and cruise on the lake. It was an excellent end to the hard work that morning. The weather as fantastic!



No comments: