Sunday, February 03, 2008

Williams, party of three

I only wish the lady who called that out worked for a fine dining establishment. I just spent 3 hours (from 1 o'clock to 4 o'clock, the last hour of which at the expense of the first quarter of the Super Bowl) at the Valley Urgent Care with Spencer and Madeline. I can't think of anything I'd rather have spent my time or money on for three hours of my life. But with both of them running fevers and Sophia already having been diagnosed with Influenza A, we had to take them in for the throat/nose culture as well. Since I've been sick since Thursday, I got checked out too. I've yet to decide whether the best part of the waiting room portion was it's 2 hour duration or the screaming child who serenaded a good portion of it. Spencer pulled through a Defcon 5 panic attack and made it through the throat and deep nose probe. As frustrated as I was with the situation, I really felt bad for him. He has a lot of Tina's hypochondriac tendencies in him and genuinely gets stricken with fear and panic. I was glad to finally go home, and even more glad to find that all of our labs came back negative for Strep Throat and both Influenza A & B. We all were given prescriptions for preventative medications since we are dwelling with Sophia "The Petry Dish" Williams. Did I mention that I'd rather have been doing something else?

1 comment:

Michael McMullen said...

Oh, dude. I feel your pain. I spent many a time in the Urgent care waiting rooms. And I'm with Spence on the whole throat probe thing. With all the advances of modern medicine I'm sure there has to be a better way of checking for strep than jamming a q-tip down your throat.

Get better Williams family!