Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Oh mama, what a sweet piece of meat!


Without question, the best steak I have ever had. I was in Seattle with my boss for a tradeshow in mid-November. We had a few hours to kill before our flight back to Spokane, so Doug treated me to dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse near the Washington State Convention Center. Wow. I never could have imagined thinking that a 12oz Filet that cost $45.00 could be worth every penny, but it was. Of course it didn't hurt that it was on the company, but it was truly amazing. They have a slogan there that says, "If you've ever had a filet this good, then welcome back." Their website describes their signature steaks like this... "This is the place that showed the world how great a steak can be. Carefully selected and aged for tenderness. Cut thick to ensure juiciness. Seared to perfection at 1800 degrees. Seasoned simply with salt, black pepper and a touch of parsley, because a steak like this needs nothing else. Topped with fresh butter that sizzles seductively on your plate, announcing the arrival of a great steak." That pretty well sums it up. Tina teases me for describing the whole dining experience in a manner that should be reserved for a sexual encounter, but I can't help myself. It was freaking awesome. Thank you Doug and the Decal Factory for the best meal I've ever had. Doug and I both agreed that our wives would have made far better dates than each other, but it was a great meal nonetheless. Even the service was as impeccable as the food. I highly recommend Ruth's Chris to anyone.

No comments: