Monday, August 13, 2007

Growing Up...princess to mongoose style!




SOOO.....while Maddie was on her extended vacation in Oregon this summer, we had a drop in from a couple of the boys in her class last year. They wanted to ride bikes. I explained to them that she would be back in a week and to drop by another time. About a week after she came home the doorbell rang and a pack of boys from school was out riding around wanting Maddie to ride bikes....well we were getting to ready leave so I told them to come back later....two hours later I drive up to our home and 4 boys are riding bikes around the front. Maddie jumps out of the car and runs off and I assume it was to go get her bike. I went to check on her to see what she was doing and as I walked into the garage she is in a panic ripping off anything princess from her bike and screaming for me to get her some paint so that she could paint over the princesses on her bike. I asked her what the problem was and she told me that she is too embarrassed to ride her bike. I asked her why she never told her dad and I and she simply replied "it was between myself and me, MOM" to which I sharply replied "well, seeing as it is mom and dad's money that would be buying a new bike for you.....you may have wanted to tell us that you were having such an issue with your current bike!" She soon corrected the attitude and when Dan got home from work, we were off to find a new bike. it is not just princess that bothers her either....it is pink, purple or any white tired bike that she refuses. the self proclaimed "sporty girl" ended up buying the red boys bike....the next morning the boys came by again and she was out in flash! They ride almost every day about 5 times a day now!

No comments: