Sunday, May 20, 2007

Saturday Fun!









Dan told the kids earlier in the week that he wanted to take them hiking on Saturday morning. It was a perfect day for me to join. I can't express how much I get excited for the overcast breezy 65 degree days. I feel like I can do just about anything on days like that. (Heat kicks my butt with the MS factor) So they took me along on the hike. I really have to take advantage of as many cool spring days as I can before the summer heat arrives. We hiked up into the hills by our house and reached the highest point we could find. The kids had a blast! Sophia wins the award for the most interesting hiking attire.....the knee high dress socks, camo skirt and tennis shoe ensemble was a hit....oh, least we forget the pretty blue sparkle purse! The look on Maddie's face in the picture with the nest they found is the look she had the entire time...she won the whine award. Everything was bugging her from her brother being the leader to the long grass brushing up against her legs. And she swears she saw a rat running into a rocky cave area. Spencer was yet again...the most excited and Dan has dubbed him the mountain goat...he climbs anything...he was all over the place. even with Maddie's tough day...the kids all had a great time. We ended the hike by hitting baseballs in the park and then going home to some good snacks and a movie!

No comments: