Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Fools Gold



Tina showed me a copy of Sports Illustrated for Kids last night that she said Spencer checked out from the school library. This was on the way back from Spencer's first Pony League baseball game of the year and my boy was still decked out in his uniform. As a longtime subscriber to Sports Illustrated (the greatest sports mag of all time) and a freak who has read the sports section pretty much every day of my life since I could read (either online or in the newspaper) you can imagine the pride and joy that swelled up in me as I imagined my only son carrying the torch for the next generation. Yet, with the smell of the ballpark and his leather mitt still fresh in my nose, Tina opened the magazine to reveal the true reason dear Spencer checked it out....an advertisement on Page 4 for a new Wallace & Gromit video game. For the balance of the ride home, he proceeded to chatter about the merits of the aforementioned game as relayed to him by his schoolmate Parker V (not to be confused of course with Parker D). Without Tina or I having said a word in reply, we hear this from the backseat, "Did you say I could get this for my birthday in July?" How can I not love this kid.

1 comment:

Conner said...

Spence cracks me up... I knew it was too good to be true