Thursday, April 22, 2010

Will she ever stop??

Somedays I wonder will my oldest daughter ever sleep through the night?? I mean she is only 11 now. Ever since Spencer was born Maddie has woken up in the middle of the night and snuck into our room to sleep. For the last several years Dan has been teasing her "you're not still going to sneak up and sleep on our floor when you're 16 right??" well at the rate she is going I am thinking it may never end. last night for instance Dan and I were heading to bed at 11pm and about 2 minutes had passed after we got in bed and here she comes walking through our door toting her pillow and blankets....Dan tells her to go back to her bed and she actually gasped and grunted with irritation at the both of us. She stomped off but low and behold this morning when I woke up......there she was!!! Most nights she sneaks in sometime in the middle of night or very early morning. I never hear her...but I have the luck of trying to step out of bed in the early am only to fear I am going to step on her face since she seems to favor my side of the room. On this special occasion Lucy woke up at 5am barking and after she came in from going to the bathroom Dan let her find her way to her favorite Williams family member. What a zoo!

No comments: