Monday, June 18, 2007

The Wal-Mart Effect...Williams style



I was in Wal-Mart the other night with Sophia and Spencer. Spencer was, well, being Spencer. He was walking goofy and stomping his feet as he walked next to the cart. Sophia was seated in the cart right in front of me. As my level of edginess grew, the following exchange took place:

Me: Spencer, stop.

Spencer: What?

Me: I know you're trying to be funny, but Dad's tired and I really don't need you pushing my buttons.

Sophia: Daddy, what does that mean, "pushing my buttons."

Me: It's something you say when someone is trying to irritate you on purpose.

Sophia: (without hesitation) He pushes my buttons a lot.

Me: [laughing and smiling]

Sophia: What?! He does. He irritates me on purpose all the time!

3 comments:

Michael McMullen said...

Heh. I can almost see her face when she says that last line.

The Pfeiffer Family said...

This reminds me of growing up with you Dan! Sweet Sophia, your Auntie April knows exactly how you feel.

Conner said...

AH!!! SO FUNNY!!! I can't wait to see you guys! July 20th, we're there!