Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Madeline's "friend"

So things have really gotten bigger since yesterday with Madeline and her 'friend' Galvin at school. Let me first begin saying that she is a typical girl. Yesterday was the first we had heard of this intrest in our daughter, so the typical Dad starts to ask her some questions about the young ladd and the typical girl gets totally embarrased and wants to have no discussion of this with her dad! She atually told Dan " I don't like to say things twice, mom can tell you" I kind of thought that Madeline and I covered all the bases yesterday, that it is important to love your friends...all of them boys and girls blah blah...well today when I picked her up she plopped into the car and was so sad and had some pretty big hurt feelings. I ask her what happened and she said that when she came in from recess in the hallway a big kid (2nd grade girl) said "you shouldn't be holding your girlfriends hand". I totally had forgotten about little Galvin I am thinking she is talking about her friend she plays with normally at recess..Macala! When I asked her about it she said "no mom, I was holding Galvin's hand!" I about died! What the heck is she doing holding his hand. Then she explained that they were playing and the whistle blew and SHE grabbed his hand and went running into the building with him to go back to class. Needless to say I had a long talk with her on the way to the store about holding a boys hand other than her dad or brother. Of course in her mind she wasn't thinking anything different because that is what her and the girls at school do when the whistle blows at recess. Her feelings were so hurt mostly because she didn't want to be called his girlfriend..."because mom...he is just my friend!"
She is so funny. I think we may have this under control now! I am however, worried about what Dan might have to say about his daughter being so forward with a boys hand!

4 comments:

Conner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Conner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Conner said...

Mads is so funny...I can't wait to tune in tomorrow to see what the low down is.

Conner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.