Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Mom and Kids day!

I decided while the kids were at camp that I need to try and spend some fun mom and kid times the rest of summer before school and a new baby brother comes home. We went up to greenbluff and cut a HUGE bucket full of lavender to dry and then went cherry picking! The kids had a really fun time and it was a delightful day!















So we wanted to find some "pie" cherries so that the girls and I could some pies. The first farm we came upon was the prefect one. I laughed because the name is Hansens which is my Grandma French's maiden name and they come from generations of farming back in Nebraska...and then we met the owner whose first name is Rod. How wierd! It was a great little orchard and had a really cute country farm shop. we will definitely go back in the fall for apples!











After picking berries we drove on to find this great barn mercantile....a huge country shop! I love rooster art and they had it everywhere....we had some yummy icecream and then played on a little playground there and they kids just ended up being goofy all afternoon. very funny day!









these were little iron chairs for kids that my kids found more fun to kneel behind and make funny faces!



The drive home! silly sophie!

No comments: