Monday, March 31, 2008

Bike Maintenance 101


I took Madeline to REI with me a couple weeks ago for a free bike maintenance class on a Thursday night. I took her along so we could spend time together on the way there and back and figured she would just kill time during the class by drawing in her notebook. A little while into the class, however, I looked down to find that she was taking notes. She looked up at me and said, "I was listening to what he was saying and thought 'If I don't write this stuff down, I won't remember it.' " I love that girl. She told me that night that she loved the class and wants to go to REI's free classes "just her and I" whenever we can. If you've never taken REI up on one of their free offerings, I highly recommend it. If you go to http://www.rei.com/, you can search for the store near you by zip code. Then click on 'REI Classes, Events and Presentations'. Lots of good stuff, and it's almost always free.

2 comments:

Michael McMullen said...

That's too cute to make any sarcastic remarks about.

Val said...

You better hope she continues taking notes all through school. Very cute and smart!